KORDA Summit Riding Jacket
- Free Shipping Across India!!
Stand out from the crowd with this European-designed, premium pro-level adventure jacket. It comes fitted with advanced composite armour and a host of KORDA® signature product features that set the benchmarks in the motorcycle apparel industry. The Korda Summit jacket was conceived and designed by a renowned Italian design house in association with KORDA® designers as a special project.
KORDA® believes that at the core of a great riding jacket is the careful selection of technical fabric. The primary purpose of the outer fabric shell of the jacket is to provide abrasion protection and serve as a sturdy garment to hold the impact armour in place during a crash.
- The Summit jacket uses a unique Korean-made HT Nylon 66 KODRA® chassis treated with a Barricade™ DWR Hydrophobic coat to increase resistance to water and dirt.
- High-tenacity woven fabric in 500 dernier is the most ideal strength-to-weight material suited for motorcycle apparel which provides riders with the necessary balance of strength and agility built-in. This means that the final garment is lightweight enough for comfort yet strong enough to endure the rigours of the road.
- The special DWR coating is added to provide added resistance to water, stains and dirt.
- The sturdy chassis is mated to SupraMesh™ woven aramid fabric for stellar ventilation in even the hottest environments.
- In addition, all foundation panels are double safety-stitched with super strong bonded nylon thread in our proprietary DuraStitch™ pattern.
The Summit jacket fabric chassis is constructed to protect the rider from road rash as far as possible, even by destroying itself in its attempt to save the rider.
A high-value jacket that does not compromise on safety. All the protectors in the KORDA® range are made from the latest generation visco-elastomeric composite armour and are designed to offer maximum comfort to the rider while worn yet absorb the maximum impact in a crash. All the limb and back impact protectors used in the Summit jacket are Level 2 certified. Level 2 protectors are actually designed for track or advanced rider use and define that the maximum transmitted force or impact must be below 9kN. The armour is also test validated T+T- for stability in thermal extremes of -10°C to +40°C. So whatever the environmental conditions, your armour will remain in peak performance. The L1 chest protector in the Summit jacket is also the visco-elastomeric type designed for high-impact absorption in textile garments. All protectors are supplied by our partner SafeTech srl. Italy, who are pioneers in nano-tech composite armour.
Limb Armour – CE certified EN1621-1: 2012 Level 2 limb protectors for both the shoulders and elbows. This is the highest standard of armour currently available in motorcycle protection in the world.
Back Armour – CE certified EN1621-2: 2014 Level 2 back protector. This is the highest standard of armour currently available in motorcycle protection in the world. The KORDA® Summit jacket also uses a larger-than-normal back armour size in order to provide maximum coverage.
Chest Armour – CE certified EN1621-3: 2018 chest protector. The Summit jacket uses a “divided” chest protector for rider comfort and is the highest standard of impact armour protection currently suitable for a textile motorcycle jacket in the world.
The Summit jacket is designed with reflective panels and trims from 3M™ ScotchLite™ reflectives that ensure that the rider is visible even in low light conditions. This material has been the gold standard in reflective fabric for many decades and is known for its high performance and durability. Stay visible – stay safe!
KORDA® garments are known for their drape because they are tailored with select materials and utilise laser pattern makers and the Summit is no exception. The jacket has been meticulously designed by KORDA designers to ensure a proper fit using the company’s proprietary SecureFit™ size matrix to ensure that the armours stay snugly in place and yet offer the rider greater freedom of movement.
Ergonomics & Comfort:
- The KORDA® Summit features ergonomic styling cues like pre-curved sleeves to prevent fabric bunching and an asymmetric waist pattern to ensure the jacket doesn’t ride up when the rider is crouched.
- Other clever innovations are the ergonomically placed pockets and easy-grip zipper pullers so that the rider always has easy reach.
- Ventilation is ensured by the strategically positioned SupraMesh™ panels that are integrated to the chassis. KORDA®’s superior design styling ensures that the Summit jacket has proper inlet and exhaust panels to facilitate superior airflow.
KORDA® takes immense pride and care in the design of its products. Because of the ideal strength-to-weight ratio selection of fabrics, the Summit is also one of the lightest L2 armoured motorcycle jackets in the market.
All KORDA® jackets are covered by a TWO-Year manufacturer’s warranty that guarantees the product against any quality issues or manufacturing defects.
*Color of the actual product may vary from the image.